Do you know that apples float because they are 25% air? Or that in Ancient Greece tossing an apple to a girl was a proposal of marriage and catching it was a response of ‘yes’? If you want to learn more fascinating
facts about apples then come to the Garden for Apple Day. You’ll be able to:
- taste some of the unusual apple varieties grown in the Garden
- sample and buy Helmsley Walled garden’s own apple juices
- find out about training and pruning apple trees
- see our apples being turned into juice
- follow a family friendly apple trail and try bobbing for apples
We have over one hundred apple trees here, including a collection of Yorkshire varieties. So come and celebrate all things apple with us on National Apple Day.
Normal admission charges apply.